moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Your Life Mix

This topic of top life songs has been coming up a lot recently.

And what an impossible task, right? A life mix sort of implies that it would sum up your entire life. There are so many songs yet to be written that I have yet to fall in love with. There are Nirvana's, Pearl Jam's, Radiohead's, Something Corporate's, and Miley Cyrus' yet to graze the music scene. Maybe artists who are not even born yet that I will like at one point in my life.

That said, I still think that we should open up some type of community "share your life" mix forum with each other. (since I pretty much know the four of you who read this regularly)

What would it include? How would it even flow? Would it be your favorite songs, or songs playing during important instances in your life?

I once hit car while an Marilyn Manson song was on the radio. I get the total creeps if I hear that song, because it was as if life stood still because I was in such shock that I was in an accident, and I hadn't realized the song was on (I was listening to KROQ). Then it was all I could hear.

Anyway, make up your own rules. Then give me your life mix. I am curious to see what songs make up the friends that I love so dearly.

I have 14 songs on my mix so far:

1. Weezer - Say it ain't so
2. Better Than Ezra - Despartely Wanting
3. Toadies - Possum Kingdom
4. Alanis Morisette - Head over Feet
5. The Cure - Just like Heaven
6. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
7. Oingo Boingo - Not My Slave (great story about this song...)
8. Jeff Buckley - Lover, you should come over
9. Better Than Ezra - Get you in
10. Jimmy Eat World - Work
11. Nada Surf - Inside of Love
12. Shine - A random worship song from my old church
13. Death Cab for Cutie - Debate Exposes Doubt
14. U2 - I still haven't found what I am looking for

1 comment:

Jordyn said...

OK, so here is my life in progress mix.

1. manic monday...THE BANGLES
2. omaha...COUNTING CROWS
3. closer...BETTER THAN EZRA
4. ten minutes...THE GET UP KIDS
5. hurricane...SOMETHING CORPORATE
6. this years love...DAVID GRAY
7. human behaviour...BJORK
8. penelope...PINBACK
9. polaris...JIMMY EAT WORLD
10. candy...LOVEDRUG
11. soul meets body...DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE
12. lady day...RICHARD SWIFT
13. astral weeks...VAN MORRISON
14. divine romance...PHIL WICKHAM
15. innocence...THIS HOLIDAY LIFE