moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Andiamo!


This year I would really like to go to Italy. I was at Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago and I found this necklace that has a few different Italian charms - a charm of the shape of Italy, a gondola, a charm that says "amore" , and a charm that looks to be a catholic symbol.

My grandfather is/was Italian (what is the proper tense when someone has passed?) It has been almost 4 years since he passed away. It is so bizarre. He was a defining role in our family. He brought life, joy, and humor into all of our lives.

When I was in college he faithfully sent me a care package each week - fully of candy, starbucks cards, wendy's cards, soups, or anything I even remotely mentioned that I liked. He also sent $30 a week so I wouldn't have to work. Amazing that I lived off that much back then. That is barely one meal these days...

He also created a "secret drawer" for me, my brother, and my cousins. Whenever we would come over, we each had our own drawer in his desk. Inside would usually be some $$, candy, or some surprise of some sort. It was pretty amazing.

Anyway, today I was at borders and there was a Fodor's learn Italian CD set with bonus Fodor's travel guide on sale for $9.99. I decided that I couldn't pass it up. So even if I start in a small way, I am going to put the Italian CD's on my iTunes, iPod, and iPhone (the Tri-fecta) so I can study whenever I have any free time.

Ciao Bella!

No comments: