moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Adventures in Atempting Online Dating

In a fit of pre-V Day spite, I decided to take another look at my Match.com account.

However, after I began to update my account information, (or stare at the blank screen for 45 minutes) I realized that I am not "normal" - but in an amazing way.

For example - I don't think I can write a dating statement. This is basically your "hook" for someone, similar to a myspace/facebook quote. There are all these hilarious guidelines in writing a successful dating statement, mine didn't quite fit.

Here is what I got, and realized this was a complete waste of time:

*Looking for someone to geek out with?
*Want someone who will crush your high score on Tetris?
*Interested in someone with good rss feed management? (I had to add that one, that is what all Godly men want, right?)
*I break for computer nerds.
*Mac using, iPhone touting, VW driving, punk rock princess. Garage band kings please apply.
*Want to be in my rock band? I'll play drums like Meg White - you can be lead guitar and vocals - but the video game version, of course.

I can't take this seriously.

Ok God, I get it. I get it. I will wait...You really like watching this journey though, don't you?

1 comment:

Kevin Bringard said...

I love geeking out! We should totally play some D&D, I really think you'd love it, plus then a lot more of what I say would make a lot of sense :-)

"How to you like my 8d6 of sneak attack now!"