moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Friday, February 22, 2008

I have been waiting for this word my entire life

"aromachology" – the study of how smell really affects us and how that can inform the art of perfume (Christopher Brosius).

Everyone has the experience of taking a deep breath, only to smell some aroma from the past. I learn from smells. I used to have these smelly-good markers (as I affectionately called them) in jr. high in which I would take notes in. If I smelled the pen before the test I would remember what I wrote. Maybe in reality I have a photogenic memory, but maybe, just maybe it is a aromagenic memory.

Anyway, for years I have tried to figure out what this would be called. The sense of smell is so important and maybe I should become an aromachologist as a side gig. ;)

No comments: