moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Song Review - Castledoor - Magnetic Fields

When I was in 5th grade I was in a bell choir. I loved it. Because I could easily read the cards to know when it is my turn to play. Hold that thought.

A few nights ago I discovered Castledoor - a local LA band on Check 1 2, on Indie 103.1.

The song I heard was "Burn the Maps". I went to iTunes and downloaded the full EP almost immediately.

Then I listened to the track "Magnetic Fields". There is a faint bell choir type sound that brought me back to 5th grade bell choir, in a raw rock and roll way. I was then transported to a swirling dreamlike deja vu of mixing sounds reminiscent of Lovedrug, Mew, and dashes of Muse.

"You make me move with magnetic forces and super glue/I got a feeling that I don't deserve this/ but I will preserve it/ I won't desert it/ I'm yours/ I'm yours/ I'm yours"

I know nothing about this band other than this EP is flawless and I am happy to spend some QT thinking while listening.

1 comment:

Mikkele Suzanne said...

i was listening to burn the maps when i read this, but i put it back on magnetic forces.

also... bell choir?