moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Shutter Clicked But the Film Did Not Go Round...

One more thing...

http://www.myspace.com/nadasurf

I am pretty ecstatic that in one week from today (next Tues) the new Nada Surf album will be out.

It is called "Lucky" - so naturally I think it is written for me since I am feeling lucky. (bonus points if you get this reference, it REALLY isn't hard) Let's also not recall the few times I used that statement.

Person I don't know : "You work for company x?"
Me: "Why? Are you feeling lucky?"

I really need to stop using that - it NEVER pans out well. ;)

But seriously, this is going to be so amazing. Check out the album at their myspace link above - I like "The Film Did Not Go Round" - but who am I kidding? I love the ENTIRE thing.

Nada Surf makes me feel like I want to buy an old convertible vw bug - put the top down, and drive up the cost, wearing giant indie-oldie sunglasses, tights, and a sweater dress. Stopping all along the way to take the obligatory myspace/facebook/blogger pictures. Preferably with a poloroid camera, because that makes pictures look more vintage. Maybe I would wear a giant hat, in Audrey Hepburn style. Or not. At least that is what the music video would look like if I made it.

Anyway, it is right up there with Jimmy Eat World in the "bands that mean something" chart.

No comments: