moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Sunday, January 6, 2008

A repost from myspace

(An oldie blog, but a goodie. This year commemorates my sixth year of bloging. Yeah, can you believe it? SIX years of pouring out my random, personal, and strange thoughts on the internet. I may start re-posting some from 2002, if you are lucky...)

July 15th, 2007 (original posting on myspace)

Music.

So, for those of you who were A) over at my place on sat night or B) happened to catch the first 15 mins of SNL - be advised, some plagiarism is involved in this blog.
For those of you who did not, these are all 100% my own ideas. :)

In all seriousness, music *is* the closest thing to time travel we ever receive. I like to hearken the memory of those of us who remember hearing "My heart will go on" after seeing the movie Titanic. I know you cried.

Let's explore my top five time travel experiences from this weekend while listening to music:

5. Brian and I were listening to Eliott Smith on the way home from LAX. (Long story) Eliott Smith reminds me of being 19, the worst year of my life thus far. Ptloma, the bowels of Klassen, gross. But I was taken straight back to that time, those feelings.
4. Journey - We were at the fair, and "Don't Stop Believing" came on. We all broke out and started singing in a very "October Road" type fashion. I am pretty sure .01% of you will catch that reference, but October Road had some lovely scenes with friends singing.
3. Stevie Wonder - I believe when I fall in love with you, it will be forever. This also took me back to that horrible sophomore year at ptloma. It was the first time I had ever seen High Fidelity, and I hated it. (aka, I didn't get it) Once I hit the summer of 02 and became extremely well-versed in all things hip (thanks kurti) then this movie became a fave. It also reminds me of a great mix CD I was once given, along with a clove.
2. Jimmy Eat World - Ten. Freshman year. Ptloma. It is truly strange, because I try to block out college at most times, due to the fact that life is so much better now. Ok, block out is strong, but I typically don't harp on it. Some memories are fantastic, but the over all feeling is that life today is the best it has ever been, so why harp on those years? However, this song gave me good feelings about that year when it came on party shuffle today.
1. WEIRDEST musical occurence, probably ever. Today, I was listening to "Thnks fr th mmrs", which is also my ringtone for text messages. I got a text at the exact moment, so both the song and the text played in perfect unison. What are the odds of that? I will probably remember that for awhile.

So, take that HG Wells. My time machine is better than yours.

No comments: