moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Monday, October 22, 2007

when the hills of los angeles are burning...

As I eat my dinner of saltine crackers with a swipe of skippy peanut butter (in bed no less, checking work email...), I am contemplating about this day.

Everything is burning down. I hate smoke with all that is inside of me, so to go to LA today was actually a nice treat to get away from the ashy cloud of soot that is covering the precious OC bubble.

When the fires of 2003 broke loose on SoCal, the SoCo album "North" came out. Now I think "Chase this Light" by JEW will always remind me of the fires of 07. Eek. How time flies....

I feel like I live every day as this jumbo, super long, extended day. Let me explain. By the end of the day I am thinking that things that occurred in the morning were actually the previous day. Because that is just how long the days feel. This is not necessary bad. Just so much in a work week is crammed into so few hours, and I am in so many locations that it is hard to really put a finger on time and space.

"Every moment lasts a day - and thinking about it can't help me let go" - Let It Happen, Jimmy Eat World

1 comment:

Mikkele Suzanne said...

i found myself wishing i could go home again today, because even though the air up north is awful as well, its better than smoke...