moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

say it ain't so

in honor of hearing Weezer on the radio just now, I thought I would be brave and share a poem I wrote after seeing Weezer in concert in 2001. I wrote this as a reflection of hearing "only in dreams".

RezeeW

The lights effected my perception.
Made things better, made life real.
My eyes can play horrible tricks, but the mind is worse.
The mind leads to false realities, false hopes, and mental instabilities.
But I am so rational, so responsible - so retarded.
Letting the moment, the lights continue to swirl, "Only in Dreams" playing, but my mind, my mind is swirling more than the lights and is telling me to think of something else, shifts my focus from fun to hell and I am not getting over this anytime soon.
The blues come - first in the form of lights - then next creep into my skin through my pores, and now in my blood, my veins, and it then affects my heart. "Only in Dreams" still playing, my heart still failing, my strong body, but small, meek, weak, drowning spirit, swaying to the beat, wishing Rivers would come to me in the form of "someone" else. Anyone. "Only in Dreams", my oxygen and carbon dioxide are all effected by my nightmare.

HA - I was soooooo immature. I went with a boy that at the time was crushing over. And by definition, a crush must hurt. And they do. And this poem was the result. I love the fact that I found this....

Good night

1 comment:

Alice said...

oh i so feel that...crushing...love you!