moonlight - illuminates your stare and it's great, captivating you. Does that trouble you? I didn't mean to trouble you...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

One life

Today I was driving home from church and I heard the Mary J Blige/U2 version of U2's "One".

I think I hated this performance at the Grammy's - but in the quirky way music works, today it drove me to tears.

The lyrics are so powerful. They never look as powerful on the page as they sound in the song.

See:
"Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing,
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you've got is hurt"

Not as powerful as in the song. But powerful nonetheless.

No comments: